In light of recent announcements from the city, county, and state officials around mask mandates, we would like to reinforce the importance of mask-wearing. We are continuing to follow the CDC guidelines and recommendations. All patients, visitors, and staff are still required to wear a mask in our facilities, even once vaccinated.
While we continue to be encouraged by the declining COVID-19 case counts and hospitalizations, coupled with increasing vaccinations, we cannot let up on the evidence-based practices that have helped keep Texans safe over the last year. With new COVID-19 variants quickly spreading across our communities, masking up, distancing from others, and practicing hand hygiene is essential to help stop the spread and reduce transmission of these mutations.
Thank you for understanding and for helping us protect our patients, families, and employees. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you call or text us when you arrive to your appointment.
- We will be taking your temperature as you enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, food and beverages since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 817-985-3118 or visit our website at South Arlington Dental Care.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Prachi Shah and Team